BA620 can change the moisture display from normal 0.1% to high accuracy 0.01% resolution. To realize its
high accuracy, the 1mg resolution balance unit is installed. The heater source is newly developed, a
large 625watts Mid-wave infrared quartz heater controlled by the software for the drying process. It has
'High-speed drying mode' that can reduce much of the measurement time for suitable sample materials. 10
measurement conditions can be saved in the instrument memory so that you don't have to enter the condition manually every time for each sample.
Designed for quality control and testing applications where the most accurate moisture measurement
Choice of measuring modes to meet your application
Automatic operation mode
Automatically ends measurement when moisture loss over the previous 30 seconds becomes smaller than specified percentage.
Timed operation mode
Automatically ends measurement when the specified amount of time has elapsed.
High-speed drying mode
First dries with the highest temperature for the specified period, then shifts to the specified temperature shortening measurement time.
Low-speed drying mode
Gently heats samples that might solidify at the surface or samples that reduce under high temperature.
Stepped drying mode
Allows step by step change of drying conditions .
This feature is useful when measuring samples that contain a large amount of water.
Predictive measuring mode
With preparatory measurements of the sample, the final result is predicted from the drying process, saving time in repeated measurements.
Bar graph display (fig1) monitors moisture vaporization & Moisture vaporization rate display (fig 2)
In drying by infrared heater, a large amount of moisture vaporizes in early stage and vaporization slows towards the end of measurement. The M curve in Figure 2 shows a typical vaporization of moisture. M indicates the rate of vaporization. Monitoring M makes it possible to gauge how close the measurement is to completion. The bar graph display makes it visible.
- Large sample dish allows even a large amount of sample to be placed evenly in a thin layer. The result is accurate and fast measurements.
- Mid-wave infrared quartz heater provides effective drying without interference for a wide range of samples. Besides the excellent drying performance, it offers a long operational life of 20,000 to 30,000 hours.
- The internal precision weighing balance is engineered with a UniBloc cell. The mechanism provides excellent stability and a long operational life against repeated temperature changes.
- Digital control allows a selection of measurement modes. 10 measurement conditions can be stored for quick recall. Select one of the 9 combinations of drying and halting modes to optimize the measurement of your sample.
- Weight loss rate in the previous thirty seconds is monitored and visually presented in the bar graph display. This feature is especially useful to show that the measurement is close to completion.
- Optional Kett’s unique data logger software 'KDL-01' can transfer measurement data to an application such as Excel.
- A larger sample dish contributes to accurate measurements, but the larger heat capacity normally produces larger zero drift due to temperature fluctuation. The BA620 is equipped with a unique auto-taring mechanism, which adjusts the zero drift automatically and ensures high accuracy, even with a larger sample pan.
- Bias function allows adjustment to the data obtained by other measuring methods or other testers.
- Large backlit LCD is easily read even under poor lighting conditions.
|Heat drying and weight loss
|Moisture / Solid content / Weight
|Sample with a weight of 5g or higher : 0.05%
0~100%(wet base , solids),0~500%(dry base)
|0.01% , 1mg
|Automatic operation mode:
Timed operation mode (1~240min or continuous):
High-speed drying mode:
Low-speed drying mode:
Stepped drying mode (max of 5 steps):
Predictive measuring mode
|Temperature:5 ~ 40°C
Humidity : 85%RH or less
Pollution degree 2 , Altitude up to 2000m
|SUS sample dish(130mm dia, 13mm depth)
|Mid-wave infra-red quartz heater (200Wx2)
|AC100~120V / 220~240V (50/60Hz)
|Size and Weight
|220mm (W) x 415mm (D) x 190mm (H) , 4.5Kg , Shipment 10kg
|Sample dish 2 pcs , Sample dish handler 2 pcs , Windshield , Sample dish tray , Spoon and spatula set , Spare fuses(T8A 250V) 2 pcs , Power cord , Aluminium sheets (20 pcs) x 2 , Operating manual
|Printer set, Data logger software